The following is a list of quality assurance and testing tasks we do within Motto. Each item will need be verified every time a task is asked of you. The items are categorized and in order. If you feel that some items are not necessary or would like to them please let us know.
A) Design File Comparison (Pixel Counting)
Open the design file on one screen and open the web page on the other.
Comb through the web page and compare it to the design file. The design file will act as the defacto and your web page must look exactly like the design file.
Look out for:
- Spacing (padding,margin)
- Text (if the final text is from the design file)
B) Responsiveness Emulator
If you have a design specifically for mobile and/or tablet repeat then start with step A. The following devices need to be tested on the browser emulator:
- IPhone 6 portrait
- IPhone 6 plus portrait
- IPad portrait
- IPad tablet
- IPad Pro portrait
- IPad Pro landscape
C) Cross Browser/OS Compatibility
MAC OS Testing:
PC OS Testing:
- IE Edge
- IE 10+
D) Physical Device Testing
- Your own phone
- Samsung tablet portrait
- Samsung tablet landscape
- PC Emulator Device – IE 10+
- PC Emulator Device – IE Edge
- PC Emulator Device – Chrome
E) Content Verification
- Verify font styling matches design file and/or current site branding
- Content Spacing. Ex. between sentences(.) and headings, etc.
- Make sure links are links. Every email must be a mailto and every telephone needs to be a link
- Test all links on the page to make sure they go to the page they are suppose to.
F) UI / UX / Extra Love Suggestions
As you are coding your web page/site take notes of issues or comments that you feel like could dramatically improve the site. This step is only mandatory if something does not make sense at all and is creating issues.
G) Performance and Code Validation
- Front End Checklist
- W3C Validator
- W3C CSS Validation
- Speed Test, ensure under 2second load time.
- Lighthouse Page Speed Test, ensure above 90% for desktop.
Install the following plugins on stage in order to test and inspect transactional emails on stage. We don’t have the client being notified of test orders.